Thursday 27 September 2012

From the Review Pile (21)


From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------

This week, I'm going to showcase Freeing Grace!

To be honest, ever since I finished reading After The Fall, I have been absolutely desperate to read Freeing Grace, Charity Norman's debut novel. I absolutely loved After The Fall (full review to come closer to the publication date) and it's one of those books that has been lingering in my mind. I really hope that Freeing Grace will be just as good - if not better - when I get time to pick it up!

Freeing Grace by Charity Norman
Paperback, 3600 pages
Published 1st March 2012 by Allen & Unwin UK
Warm, insightful and poignant, Freeing Grace tells the story of David, curate of an inner-city parish, and Leila, his Nigerian-born wife. Unable to have children of their own, they're desperate for a family. When they finally hear they've been approved to adopt a baby, Grace, they can scarcely believe their good fortune. 
There's just one problem for which David and Leila cannot plan; Grace's birth family - the enigmatic, charismatic Harrisons. Enlisting their friend, the feckless, charming New Zealander, Jake Kelly - who's half in love with all of them, one way or another - the Harrisons send him on a quest that will force a confrontation. Ultimately, each has a terrible decision to make. 
Everyone only wants what's best for Grace - but who can say exactly what that is?

4 comments:

  1. the summary sounds a little vague but the story could be awesome! I hope you like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this is new to me & it sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy it when you get round to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds interesting, I don't think it's what I would normally read though, but I hope you enjoy it when you get to it!

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!