Thursday 13 September 2012

From the Review Pile (19)


From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------

Good news! This week I picked up the book that I featured in FTRP last week, so be sure to keep an eye out for my review of The Raven Boys soon!

This week, I'm going to showcase Shift!
Shift was one of the first books published by the Strange Chemistry, a new publisher. I am really looking forward to getting time to read this book and see what it's like - I have only read a few reviews for Shift, but they've all been very positive!

Shift by Kim Curran
Paperback, 496 pages
Published 4th September 2012 by Strange Chemistry
When your average, 16-year old loser, Scott Tyler, meets the beautiful and mysterious Aubrey Jones, he learns he's not so average after all. He's a 'Shifter'. And that means he has the power to undo any decision he's ever made. At first, he thinks the power to shift is pretty cool. But as his world starts to unravel around him he realises that each time he uses his power, it has consequences; terrible unforeseen consequences. Shifting is going to get him killed. In a world where everything can change with a thought, Scott has to decide where he stands.

8 comments:

  1. awesome! I've seen Shift, and Strange Chemistry even gave us review copy! And like you i have heard amazing reviews as well! Thanks for sharing!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds creepy, such a power. I've also seen some positive reviews. I hope you get the chance to read it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh you're reading The Raven Boys!!! So effing excited for that. Maggie Stiefvater is incredible <3

    Shift sounds AWESME. The cover promises some high-intensity action and badassery. And the summary? Uh, want want want this book! The power to undo any decision you've made? Yeah, that would be a damn handy ability :D Although I can only imagine the diastrous consequences....

    I hope you love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun! I am just starting Raven Boys too, can't wait to see what you thought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've actually never heard of this one either but it sounds absolutely amazing so I'll definitely have to check this one out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the sound of that, I bet we all have decisions we'd love to go back and change!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't read SHIFT yet, but I think it would make an awesome movie! Wow, sounds just like so much action!

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!