Thursday 6 September 2012

From the Review Pile (18)


From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------

This week, I'm going to showcase The Raven Boys!
There has been so much hype surrounding this book and I really, really want to read it to see how I find it for myself. Unfortunately, I wasn't a fan of Shiver and Linger, but I'm hoping that this one will be better! I will certainly have to read this one soon.

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Paperback, 496 pages
Expected Publication 19th September 2012 by Scholastic

Blue has spent the majority of her sixteen years being told that if she kisses her true love, he will die. When Blue meets Gansey’s spirit on the corpse road she knows there is only one reason why – either he is her true love or she has killed him.

Determined to find out the truth, Blue becomes involved with the Raven Boys, four boys from the local private school (lead by Gansey) who are on a quest to discover Glendower – a lost ancient Welsh King who is buried somewhere along the Virginia ley line. Whoever finds him will be granted a supernatural favour.

Never before has Blue felt such magic around her. But is Gansey her true love? She can’t imagine a time she would feel like that, and she is adamant not to be the reason for his death. Where will fate lead them?

8 comments:

  1. I LOVED LOVED LOVED The Raven Boys!! The plot and characters are amazing!!!

    hope you enjoy it!!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted this out today to one of my reviewers. I should have kept it now for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't able to read the books from her other series- Shiver and Linger. Could never get past the first couple of chapters in the first book. Just didn't hold my interest. So I'm intrigued by the summary of this book, but I'm leery of reading anything by her. I think I'll try this book, but get it from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only read her series about the fey, but I'm very interested in this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not read her other books yet but this one sounds really good. I'll have to see if I can get a copy at the library when it comes out. Great choice. Have a great week reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to read one of her books before but it didn't work so I'm not sure how this one would fare.
    But I hope you enjoy it a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really looking forward to this, hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!