Thursday 4 October 2012

From the Review Pile (22)


From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------

This week, I'm going to showcase What's Left of Me!

I only received a copy of What's Left of Me last week, but I thought that I'd feature it this week because, well, it just looks so good! I think that a lot of you will be interested in the description of this one - I certainly am! It does sound like it could be a little confusing, but I'm excited to read it nonetheless!

What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang
Paperback, 576 pages

Published 27th September 2012 by HarperCollins 

How I Live Now meets His Dark Materials in this stunningly written and intensely moving debut.

Imagine that you have two minds, sharing one body. You and your other self are closer than twins, better than friends. You have known each other forever.

Then imagine that people like you are hated and feared. That the government want to hunt you down and tear out your second soul, separating you from the person you love most in the world.

Now meet Eva and Addie.

They don’t have to imagine.

9 comments:

  1. Not only do I really want to read that book already, but I love the cover! Great pick this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 576 pages!!! I LOVE long books, and this sounds really interesting, kinda like The Host :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this book and I was SUPER excited about it, because the synopsis sounds so intriguing and unique. I felt that it fell short of my expectations, but it was still an okay book. Here is my review if you are interested. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so super excited about this one :) It sounds unique and I've been hearing great things about it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yea im seriously excited for this one! two souls in one body is my type of book!!

    Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this for review too and despite only reading the prologue, it is amazing :D I hope you enjoy it and I'll look forward to your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I've heard good and bad things about this book, it sounds like a good pick

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could go on and on and add books that I need to review! I am slowly working through my pile. I reviewed this one a couple of weeks ago, I enjoyed it though the details were a bit shaky and the second half spends too much time in a boring hospital but overall a really though provoking read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sound of this, I have had it on my review pile so long that it's a manuscript copy, lol! I hope we both get round to it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!