Friday 26 October 2012

From the Review Pile (25)

From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------
I'm sorry for the late post this week - I've been quite busy, so I apologise!

This week, I'm going to showcase Girl about Time!

This book looks like quite a quick read, so I'm not entirely sure why I haven't read this one already! It looks pretty interesting, though I'm not entirely sure what the focus is - I'll look forward to finding out how it turns out. It's been released in other countries under the name Ruby Red - have any of you read it?

Girl about Time by Kerstin Gier
Paperback, 312 pages
Published 2011 by Chicken House Publishing
Every family has secrets. But what do you do if you find out that you are the family secret That's what happens to Gwen when she finds herself unbelievably transported from out on the town to turn of the century London. It's enough to make any girl dizzy.

2 comments:

  1. This does look pretty good and it is the first time I see it actually.

    great pick!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time travel! I haven't heard of it before, but it looks good :D

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!