Thursday 18 October 2012

From the Review Pile (24)

From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------

This week, I'm going to showcase The Academie!

This is a book that really, really intrigues me due to the idea behind it, but I have to admit that the cover has been putting me off a little bit! I think a lot of you will agree with me and think that this book sounds awesome though! Have any of you read it or is it on your  to-read list?

The Academie by Amy Joy
Paperback, 288 pages
Published 12th July 2011 by CreateSpace
When Allie Thompson graduated, she thought she'd put high school behind her. But when a series of violent outbreaks by teens sends panic surging through the nation, high school is right where Allie finds herself again. Now remolded into what the government calls The Academie, what was once the public school system is now the permanent home of everyone 22 and under.

After a year of college and a lifetime as a model student, Allie doesn't take well to The Academie's militaristic nature or its 16 foot perimeter fences. Remembering all she's left behind, including the boyfriend she's now years away from seeing again, Allie plummets into depression. But when strange things begin to happen and her brother disappears, Allie realizes she must unravel the mystery that is The Academie--before it's too late.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds really, really cool!
    How is it that I hadn't heard of this book before?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I've come across this before, I just couldn't remember what it was about. It sounds pretty good! :)

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!