Thursday 11 October 2012

From the Review Pile (23)


From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------

This week, I'm going to showcase Alice in Zombieland!

I won a copy of Alice in Zombieland in a competition ages ago, but I'm yet to read it. Seeing as it's Halloween this month, I think I might have to dust this one off my bookshelf and pick it up. It sounds so exciting, so I hope it lives up to my expectations!

Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
Paperback, 404 pages
Published 5th October 2012 by Mira Ink
She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.
Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.
Her father was right. The monsters are real….
To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….

6 comments:

  1. I hope you like it! It does sound like a good book for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy this :) I'm about half way through and while it's not amazing, it is providing a nice distraction from uni.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very excited about this book :D Alice AND Zombies, can't get any better. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You NEED to read this soon, I loved it soooo much! One of my favourites so far this year! I hope you love it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a perfect Halloween read! I hope my copy arrives soon. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my STS! I have Alice in Zombieland downloaded but haven't read it yet, definitely excited for it. New follower by the way =)

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!