Thursday 27 December 2012

From the Review Pile (34)


From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------
This week, I'm going to showcase A Month With April May!

Okay, I'm sort of cheating this week because I have actually already read and reviewed this week, but I thought I'd show you something that I've scheduled to publish on my blog next year, just a taster of what's to come...

A Month with April-May by Edyth Bulbring
Hardback, 351 pages

Published 17th February 2013 by Hot Key Books

'Life is not a bowl of cherries. Suck it up.' On April-May's first day at Trinity College, she has the wrong colour bag, too-bright socks and she gets her favourite novel confiscated for reading it during class. She makes total enemies with the evil Mrs Ho, but she makes total friends with mouth-breather Melly. Then, she meets the gorgeous Seb, loses her entire wardrobe to a hobo and gets branded a sockless trouble-maker. A MONTH WITH APRIL-MAY is a one-eyebrow-raised account of a teenager's trials and tribulations as she navigates a new school, a new family situation and a whole new way of life.

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover!
    :D and the book sounds pretty good! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds Interesting... I love "school days" stories :)

    http://b00kr3vi3ws.blogspot.in/2012/12/from-review-pile-34.html

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!