Monday 17 December 2012

Dance of Shadows Exclusive!


You may have noticed quite a few posts about Margaret Adler lately, particularly on Facebook and Twitter. There is some fantastic publicity surrounding the 2013 release of the young adult book Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black and here I have managed to get hold of a diary entry by Margaret to shed some more light on her...


[October 15]
Dear Diary,

If everyone at NYBA didn’t already hate me, they certainly do after yesterday.

“Dance for me, dance for me!” Anna Franko screeched at me during lunch. She and her friends sashayed around the cafeteria with their trays, laughing in my direction and thinking they’re so funny. Which they’re not. They’re not funny at all. They suck. (If you can’t tell, my dear diary, I despise them !!!)

Maddy told me not to pay them any attention, but it’s hard not to when everyone likes them and now everyone thinks I’m Josef’s favorite. Some girl I don’t even know hissed “Teacher’s pet” at me under her breath on my way to English, which shouldn’t have bothered me. But it did.

I don’t need a million best friends, but I don’t want people to hate me. This school is small and people have long memories. I want to be friends with everyone here. But what am I supposed to do—not dance my best because I’m afraid the others will be jealous? That doesn’t seem fair, either. 

Josef is the only one who “gets” me. Josef recognizes my talent. Maybe that’s enough?

xoxo, Margaret

 For more information about Margaret Adler and Dance of Shadows, please check out the following links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!