Thursday 16 August 2012

From the Review Pile (15)


 
From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------

This week, I'm going to showcase The Hobbit!
This is one of those books that I've been meaning to get around to but have never managed to! The story is both a classic and extremely popular, so I will have to pick this one up soon and see what all of the fuss is about! 


The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
Paperback, 368 pages
Published 7th June 2012 by Harper Collins

The Hobbit is the unforgettable story of Bilbo, a peace-loving hobbit, who embarks on a strange and magical adventure.
A timeless classic.
Bilbo Baggins enjoys a quiet and contented life, with no desire to travel far from the comforts of home; then one day the wizard Gandalf and a band of dwarves arrive unexpectedly and enlist his services – as a burglar – on a dangerous expedition to raid the treasure-hoard of Smaug the dragon. Bilbo’s life is never to be the same again.
Seldom has any book been so widely read and loved as J.R.R. Tolkien’s classic tale, ‘The Hobbit’. Since its first publication in 1937 it has remained in print to delight each new generation of readers all over the world, and its hero, Bilbo Baggins, has taken his place among the ranks of the immortals of fiction.

5 comments:

  1. Sadly, I haven't read ANY of these books, but I've always wanted to. With the next movie coming out, I want to even more! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting ... never read the books. This may be a good present to give to my son. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear what you think about The Hobbit. I had to read it in HS and was not a fan. It was okay- but it seemes to drag on and on. I keep meaning to read it as an adult to see if I will like it more- but haven't had a chance. Like the cover on this version!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep saying one day I will but I've yet to read the Hobbit. However I do have a lot of friends who have and love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried The Hobbit and I managed to struggle to the end. I like the concept, but there is something about his writing style..

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!