Thursday 2 August 2012

From The Review Pile (13)


 From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------

This week, I'm going to showcase Code Name Verity!
I really, really want to read this book! I hadn't heard much about it when I first received the book, but since then I have looked up this book and its reviews and have been eager to pick it up - I really don't know why I haven't! 

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Paperback, 452 pages
Published 6th February by Egmont

I have two weeks. You’ll shoot me at the end no matter what I do.

That’s what you do to enemy agents. It’s what we do to enemy agents. But I look at all the dark and twisted roads ahead and cooperation is the easy way out. Possibly the only way out for a girl caught red-handed doing dirty work like mine — and I will do anything, anything, to avoid SS-Hauptsturmführer von Linden interrogating me again.

He has said that I can have as much paper as I need. All I have to do is cough up everything I can remember about the British War Effort. And I’m going to. But the story of how I came to be here starts with my friend Maddie. She is the pilot who flew me into France — an Allied Invasion of Two.

We are a sensational team.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen mixed reviews for this one, but it definitely sounds interesting, if not sad. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, read this one. I didn't like it as much as everyone else though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. saw this one a while back but never gotten into it.

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!