Thursday 9 August 2012

From the Review Pile (14)


 From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------

This week, I'm going to showcase Cold Hands, Warm Heart!
This book sounds right up my street! I absolutely love the sound of it - it sounds so interesting. I can't wait until I have some spare time to actually get around to this one and read it. It sounds so full of emotion and that's what I love most in books.


Cold Hands, Warm Heart by Jill Wolfson
Paperback
Published 1st November 2011 by Walker Books

Dani was born with her heart on the wrong side of her body. In her fifteen years of life, she's had more doctor's appointments, X-rays, and tests, and eaten more green hospital Jell-O than she cares to think about. Fourteen-year-old Amanda is a competitive gymnast, her body a small package of sleek muscles, in perfect health. The two girls don't know each other, don't go to the same school, don't have any friends in common. But their lives are about to collide. Acclaimed author Jill Wolfson tackles this fascinating story with her trademark honesty and wit.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good read to me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The premise reminds me of a Lurlene McDaniel book. :) And "cold hands, warm heart" is something my mom used to always tell me when I was a kid because for some reason I always had really cold hands...like I'd stuck them in the icebox. :D Thanks for sharing...I really want to read this now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the description, probably a book that will make me cry, but definitely going to give it a try someday. Don't forget to post a review so I can see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oh my, I think I know what the collision is, just from the synopsis ... funny how life goes sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds intriguing but the description is too vague.
    I like the idea of cold hands, warm heart though, 'cause people always tease me about my icy fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of this one before, but it sounds good. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!