Thursday 25 July 2013

From the Review Pile (61)


From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------
This week, I'm going to showcase Dads, Geeks and Blue Haired Freaks!

I recently received the second book in this series for review, but I'm yet to read the first book, so I'm hoping to get around to reading this one sometime soon. It looks like it could be a fun read!


Dads, Geeks and Blue Haired Freaks
Paperback

Published 2012 by Electric Monkey

Sadie Nathanson spends her life trying to survive the excruciating embarrassment of simply existing. It’s hard enough being a bit of a shrinking violet within a loud and outspoken extended family, but the unexpected card from ‘Dad’ on her 15th birthday is the last straw.

As ‘Dad’ was an Internet sperm-donor, it doesn’t take a genius to work out that this is a bad joke, probably set up by her ex-best-friend Shonna. But it starts Sadie wondering – just who was her father? Is he the cause of her worry crinkle and wonky bum? What would happen if she tracked him down?
So she decides to do just that. With help from her nerd cousin Billy, his friend Nodding Tony and a regular dose of ‘Haironomics’ (Sadie’s own hairstyle-related philosophy system), they uncover a lot more than they bargain for... 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds really cool and I like the cover. So I'll try to keep this one in mind :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This IS a really fun book, and a fun series. I think the things that I love the most about this book and its sequel is Sadie's passion for hair and her close extended family. I have absolutely no interest in hair, but reading about how Sadie feels about it makes me completely change my mind about it.. and large, supportive families are just one of those things for me. Can't get enough of 'em.

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!