Thursday 11 July 2013

From The Review Pile (59)


From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------
This week, I'm going to showcase The Savages!

The Savages is one of those books that I wanted to pick up just by looking at the cover! It definitely has a bit of an eerie feel to it, as well as it looking a bit comical. I'm not sure if this book will be a little too 'young' for my liking, but I hope not - I have heard great things about it and it looks like it could be good fun!


The Savages by Matt Whyman
Paperback, 288 Pages
Published 6th June 2013 by Hot Key Books


They'd love to have you for dinner . . .


Sasha Savage is in love with Jack - a handsome, charming ... vegetarian. Which wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the fact that Sasha's family are very much 'carnivorous'. Behind the family facade all is not as it seems. Sasha's father rules his clan with an iron fist and her mother's culinary skills are getting more adventurous by the day. When a too-curious private detective starts to dig for truths, the tight-knit family starts to unravel - as does their sinister taste in human beings . . .

2 comments:

  1. A good meme, in the style of Addams Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds incredibly interesting. I have an ARC that haven't gotten around to as yet. It doesn't jump out at me as being 'young' so I hope we both manage to get to it sooner rather than later :)

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!