Thursday 28 March 2013

From The Review Pile (46)


From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------
This week, I'm going to showcase The Hit!

I'm going to feature this book, though I know I will probably get around to reading it quite soon anyway! As soon as I heard about The Hit, I was so excited! When I was quite a bit younger, my english teacher recommended Junk by Melvin Burgess to me and I got really absorbed into it. I haven't read anything else by this author, but with the similar subject matter to Junk, I'm sure this is going to be great!


The Hit by Melvin Burgess
Paperback, 303 Pages

Expected Publication: 4th April 2013

Take it. Live it. F*** it.
A new drug is out. Everyone is talking about it. The Hit. Take it, and you have one amazing week to live. It's the ultimate high. At the ultimate price.
Adam is tempted. Life is rubbish, his girlfriend's over him, his brother's gone. So what's he got to lose? Everything, as it turns out. It's up to his girlfriend, Lizzie, to show him...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really interesting book! I haven't read anything by this author, but now I really want to. Great blog also! Just started following :) would love if you checked out mine as well

    Pagesofcomfort.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!