Thursday 1 May 2014

From The Review Pile (91)

From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------

This week, I'm going to showcase The Shock of the Fall!
Believe it or not, before The Shock of the Fall won the Costa Book of The Year award, I hadn't really heard much about this book. As soon as I did hear all of the praise it was getting, I had to see what all the fuss was about and check it out. The story definitely sounds like something that I will love, so I should really get around to reading and reviewing this one soon!


The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer
Paperback, 314 pages
Published 7th January 2014 by Harper Collins

WINNER OF THE COSTA BOOK OF THE YEAR 2013 
'I'll tell you what happened because it will be a good way to introduce my brother. His name's Simon. I think you're going to like him. I really do. But in a couple of pages he'll be dead. And he was never the same after that.' 

Debut novel about one man's descent into mental illness, following the death of his brother in childhood. Filer is a mental health nurse with a unique and startling insight into mental illness, and this book highlights a much-neglected subject.

5 comments:

  1. I've been seeing this book all over book shops at the moment and I really need to grab a copy. I hope you enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, did Brett have a spider replica rolex in his hair? What was with all that head shaking? And Jordan that dancing or was he having some sort of a seizure? We also won have http://www.otxarkoaga.org/spothandbags.aspx to fall asleep to any more Robbie hermes replica Rosen ballads, or just be confused by Tim Halperin apparent desire to go home early fendi replica (he such a good singer what happened last night?). So, there you have it rolex submariner replica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nike SB Stefan Janoski Max sale gantry, nike free og 2014 sale now thirteen Street is your world, also requested sale good control of thirteen street punks, nike SB Stefan Janoski Max sale rogue, ruffian there nike SB Stefan Janoski Max sale underworld, let thirteen Street peace. cheap I thought, no wonder your kid so to curry favor with me, it really is because to see through my identity. cheap always nike free run australia sale hypocritical, nike SB Stefan Janoski Max sale laughed

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!