Thursday 27 June 2013

From the Review Pile (57)

From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------
This week, I'm going to showcase The Moon and More!

I have read a couple of Sarah Dessen's books in the past and I really enjoyed them. She has quite a large fan-base and I can understand why, what with the books that I've already read. This one looks like it will be a perfect read for this summer, so I will certainly pick it up soon.


The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
435 Pages
Published 4th June 2013 by Puffin

Luke is the perfect boyfriend: handsome, kind, fun. He and Emaline have been together all through high school in Colby, the beach town where they both grew up. But now, in the summer before college, Emaline wonders if perfect is good enough.

Enter Theo, a super-ambitious outsider, a New Yorker assisting on a documentary film about a reclusive local artist. Theo's sophisticated, exciting, and, best of all, he thinks Emaline is much too smart for Colby.

Emaline's mostly-absentee father, too, thinks Emaline should have a bigger life, and he's convinced that an Ivy League education is the only route to realizing her potential. Emaline is attracted to the bright future that Theo and her father promise. But she also clings to the deep roots of her loving mother, stepfather, and sisters. Can she ignore the pull of the happily familiar world of Colby?

Emaline wants the moon and more, but how can she balance where she comes from with where she's going?

Sarah Dessen's devoted fans will welcome this story of romance, yearning, and, finally, empowerment. It could only happen in the summer.

4 comments:

  1. I already read the moon and more and it was a great read, different from her usual books though.

    hope you enjoy this!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so so about this book because I haven't LOVED Sarah's last couple of books as much as I had hopped I would. :P so I'm letting some of the hype die down before I pick it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to know this new release! must add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!