Sunday 20 January 2013

Stacking the Shelves and Showcase Sunday (36)


Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's ReviewsShowcase Sunday is hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea.
These memes are a replacement of The Story Siren's In My Mailbox.

Stacking the Shelves and Showcase Sunday make a place to showcase your new books,
whether you obtained them through the post or otherwise.




I certainly wasn't expecting to get so many books this week, but I received a whole load of awesome-sounding reads! I received Speechless a few days ago and started reading it as soon as I got it - I loved Saving June so I'm hoping this one will be just as good! I love contemporary reads, so I'm equally as excited to read Anthem for Jackson Dawes and Confessions of an Angry Girl. I also received several other young adult books - The Girl in the Clockwork Collar, Unremembered, Red River Stallion, The Feral Child and The Unicorn Hunter. I was also sent two adult books, The Honey Queen and The Last Time I Saw You.


One purchased book this week! I'm quite particular about my non-fiction, but I found Shared Madness book  for £1 and it sounded really interesting, so of course I had to pick it up! 

12 comments:

  1. I just LOVED Speechless! Perhaps not as much as Harrington's debut, Saving June, which was for older readers, but very much so, so I hope you enjoy it, Stephanie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice books! I have actually read a couple of your list for a change!!
    :D
    (Speechless and Confessions of an Angry Girl)
    I hope you enjoy them all :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some very cool stuff there - I really enjoyed Speechless, hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Confessions of an Angry Girl recently, I really liked it. Ah, I got a copy of Speechless a while ago, but I still need to read it. Supposed to be very good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speechless was a great read for me! I loved it as much as Saving June, so I hope you enjoy it too. I can't wait to see what you think of these. :) Great haul, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOoh nice! These are new to me except for the Girl in the Clockwork Collar! Read that as an ARC last year and cannot wait for the next one in this series! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Unicorn Hunter and The Last Time I saw You are both super high on my wishlist!! You got a great haul this week, I'm totally jealous!

    -Jac @ For Love and Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing haul this week with some books that I have really enjoyed, and some I can't wait to start. When you read Anthem for Jackson Dawes make sure you have lots of tissues handy.

    My haul

    ReplyDelete
  9. -high fives-
    I got speechless too!!! >_< It's sooo good!!
    :D

    oooh KC's The Girl in the Clockwork Collar!!
    I enjoyed the first one!! Hope to get this other one soon!! :D

    Happy reading!
    Here's my STS if you'd like to stalk :D
    http://bookpics-reading2alba.blogspot.com/2013/01/stacking-shelves-16-bookangel-nat.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Speechless and Confessions of an Angry Girl were both amazing books! I loved them! I hope you love them too :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul! The Last Time I Saw you sounds amazing... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!