Thursday 3 January 2013

From the Review Pile (35)


From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------
This week, I'm going to showcase The Storyteller!

The Storyteller is the first book that I plan to read in the New Year, as I am so excited about it! Ever since I heard that Picoult was in the process of writing this book, I have been on the edge of my seat waiting for it. I'm hoping that it will be her best yet!

The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
Hardback

Expected publication: March 2013 by Hodder and Stoughton

Sage Singer, who befriends an old man who's particularly beloved in her community. Josef Weber is everyone favorite retired teacher and Little League coach and they strike up a friendship at the bakery where Sage works. One day he asks Sage for a favor: to kill him. Shocked, Sage refuses…and then he confesses his darkest secret - he deserves to die, because he was a Nazi SS guard. Complicating the matter? Sage's grandmother is a Holocaust survivor.

What do you do when evil lives next door? Can someone who's committed a truly heinous act ever atone for it with subsequent good behavior? Should you offer forgiveness to someone if you aren't the party who was wronged? And most of all - if Sage even considers his request - is it murder, or justice?

6 comments:

  1. I am not a huge Jodi Picoult fan but this book sounds really good! I am definitely going to have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive never read any Jodi Picoult... I should probably change that!

    My FTRP: http://www.readaraptor.co.uk/2013/01/for-review-pile-8-shiver-by-maggie.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything from Picoult yet, but this book has me intrigued from the moment I read the blurb.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you love it!!
    :D
    The cover looks gorgeous. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like another fascinating tale from JP, lots to get your teeth into, I love her books. Hope you enjoy it and I Look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read anything of hers, but I've always been curious. Customers at work are constantly raving about her. :) I think it's time I see what all the fuss is about!

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!