Sunday 15 July 2012

Stacking the Shelves/Showcase Sunday (10)


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews.
Showcase Sunday is a meme hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea.
These memes are a replacement of The Story Siren's In My Mailbox.

Stacking the Shelves and Showcase Sunday make a place to showcase your new books,
whether you obtained them through the post or otherwise.


Hello again everyone - I'm back from the beautiful city of Rome and it's nice to be able to post here again! Thanks so much to all of you who left comments when I was away - I really appreciate it! I had a fantastic holiday, but unfortunately it left little time for reading. I do however have 2 reviews to write and had these books sent to me whilst I was away...

I was sent a copy of The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer - I'll admit that I'm a little wary of reading a book by a Glee star, but it looks like a gorgeous book so of course I will give it a go! I was also sent a copy of Charade by the fantastic author Cambria Hebert - Thanks, Cambria! I am majorly excited to read Masque of the Red Death, Torn and Raven Boys which I all received ARCs of - they look great and Torn looks particularly intriguing to me.

I received one swap whilst I was away and that was a copy of You Are So Undead To Me by Stacey Jay which looks quite fun!

 I think a ban from book-buying for a week (only due to lack of ability to read Italian...) may be my record! Anyway, I broke it today when I saw Bared to You for half price at a bookshop, even though it's not yet meant to be in the shops (I'm certainly not complaining) and although they're not my usual reads, I decided to pick up a copy of Virals and Postcard Killers for a change.

I hope everyone has been and is well, let me know what you got to read this week!

23 comments:

  1. Wonderful haul! I really want to read The Raven Boys and Masque of Red Death! I hope you enjoy all these awesome books. Happy Reading :)

    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh very nice! I can't make up my mind about the Raven Boys! Seen it on Netgalley, but really I want to get back to reading all the books I've been buying this year!

    Happy Reading!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by!

    Have a GREAT weekend!!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! The Land of Stories and the Raven Boys both look fantastic! Hope you enjoy all your books! (:

    Stacking the Shelves #7

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a great time in Rome!!
    You got some pretty awesome books!! :D I hope you enjoy them all !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh nice load of books this week :) The Land of Stories has a lovely cover, nice and colourful! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my Showcase Sunday post: http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/showcase-sunday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. wondefull haul
    i hope you enjoy all

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanna try Cambria Hebert books :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous you have the Raven Boys! I loved Masque Of The Red Death so much!

    Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful haul! I have heard a lot about the Raven Boys and the Masque of Red Death! You Are So Undead To Me looks really interesting as well! Enjoy all your books! :)

    My STS post: http://blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com/2012/07/stacking-shelves-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, you got a copy of The Raven Boys! Can't wait to read that one! I'm currently reading Masque of the Red Death and it's pretty good so far :)
    Enjoy your new reads!

    Here are my Books & Love Letters: http://tinyurl.com/bsbbb6j
    Nickey @ The Books Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a great holiday, Stephanie! Great books, I hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for The Raven Boys and Masque of the Red Death! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on them! Hope you enjoy all your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant books! Happy reading.
    Glad to hear you had a lovely holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard great things about Masque of the Red Death and Raven Boys! I have Masque on my Kindle but I still have to start it, but I've heard SUCH positive things! :)

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love James Patterson and Kathy Reichs. Enjoy your reading.

    http://www.chicklibrarycat.blogspot.com/2012/07/showcase-sunday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great haul this week! I hope you enjoy The Masque of the Red Death and I've heard some great things about Raven Boys and The Land of Stories, so I'll be keeping my eyes out for your reviews of them!(:

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  17. Virals is AMAZING! The Raven Boys looks good, I hope you enjoy them. Happy reading!! :) xx

    Here's my Showcase Sunday:
    http://bookhi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/showcase-sunday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lots of great books! I read You Are So Undead to Me a while ago but I really enjoyed it. I've heard lots of great things about Raven boys as well, hope you enjoy! Check out my Stacking the Shelves: World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am halfway through Raven Boys at the moment and love it so far! I hope you enjoy it too. Great haul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Masque Of The Red Death by Bethany Griffin is Reeeeeally good!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am super impatiently waiting for my library to get Masque of the Red Death! They're supposedly getting it this month. :-|

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't wait to read Masque of the Red Death! I love the cover too. Here's my IMM =)

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/07/in-my-mailbox-44-weekly-wrap-up.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, what a haul there!!! Some impressive books and gorgeous covers!! I have read an excerpt of 'Bared to you' and oh my, made me blush lol. But i wanted to read more haha. Have you read fifty shades of grey books? if so, how do they compare to you? I have borrowed the fifty shades trilogy from my friend but not sure i will read it yet. Will you be reviewing 'Bared to you'? xx

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!