Thursday 12 July 2012

From the Review Pile (10)


 From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

First of all, I'm sorry for posting this so late today - trust me to forget the day of the week!

This week, I'm going to showcase Girl Meets Boy!
This book is written by a host of authors and although I'm not usually a fan of short stories, I think that this one shows real promise! There are some top name authors who have contributed to this book and I'm hoping that I'll find a new author to check out once I've read this one.

Girl Meets Boy: Because There Are Two Sides to Every Story
Hardback, 201 pages
Published March 2012 by Abrams and Chronicle



What do guys and girls really think? Twelve of the most dynamic and engaging YA authors writing today team up for this one-of-a-kind collection of "he said/she said" stories-he tells it from the guy's point of view, she tells it from the girl's. These are stories of love and heartbreak. There's the good-looking jock who falls for a dangerous girl, and the flipside, the toxic girl who never learned to be loved; the basketball star and the artistic (and shorter) boy she never knew she wanted; the gay boy looking for love online and the girl who could help make it happen. Each story in this unforgettable collection teaches us that relationships are complicated-because there are two sides to every story.

13 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great book to read right now. I can't wait to read this one! :)

    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting! Hope you get to it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of short stories but this one seems pretty good. Hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That one really does look like a good one. I haven't read am anthology in ages. Hope you read and review it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww that sounds like such a cute read, I hope you like it when you get to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anthologies...except that the short stories always leave me wanting more! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a good read on vacation with the kids. Just enough to read a good short story before the interruption comes. LOL

    Here's mine: http://fiktishuhs.blogspot.com/2012/07/get-me-off-shelf.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure about this one- I keep looking at it, picking it up, and putting it back again!
    Hope you read it soon, so I can read your review and decide if I want it or not!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that I discovered this meme. Love it! And Boy meets girl looks awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love short stories and a romance sounds perfect right now. I'll have to check this out asap. I've just finished reading Dark Light, which was a collection of horror stories; The collection was amazing, but I'm definitely due for some romance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a good read, thanks for sharing :]! I'll definitely have to check it out. I just found your blog and will definitely be following it from now on! A few days ago I posted some summer reading books on my new blog if you'd like to take a look: http://heartisinthewriteplace.blogspot.com/

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl Meets Boy looks like a fun, engrossing read. :) Thank you for sharing and happy reading! By the way, I love your blog meme idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Although I didn't enjoy one or two of the stories/POV's, Girl Meets Boy is an AMAZING anthology, and very different from others. You should definitely give it a try! Happy Reading :)

    Rabiah
    Confessions of a Readaholic

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!