Thursday 26 July 2012

From the Review Pile (12)


 From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------

This week, I'm going to showcase Witch Crag!
I only received this book for review last week but I thought that I'd feature this book as it looks very interesting and hopefully you will all feel the same way. I hadn't heard anything of this book before I received it, so I'm wanting to spread the word. I'm quite excited to see what it's like! 

Witch Crag by Kate Cann
Paperback, 384 pages
Expected Publication October 4th 2012 by Scholastic

In a tribe where basic survival is the only priority, Kita must make a choice: to accept arranged marriages and being treated with less value than sheep, or escape and journey to the place that even the strongest men fear with their lives — Witch Crag.

But a common threat is facing the witches and sheepmen alike. The tribes must somehow overcome their prejudices and join together if they are to win a war that threatens to destroy everything they hold as good.

7 comments:

  1. Like it! I've never heard of it either, but sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book sounds cool! Thanks for sharing it! :D I look forward to your review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting premise! Never heard of this one, but I always like when the protagonist bucks the system. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received Witch Crag too and had never heard of it before. I does sound interesting though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds cool, definitely need to hear what you think of it when you get to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really good- I love witchy books!
    I've got another book by Kate Cann in one of my piles somewhere, with a picture of a bird on the cover- cannot remember what it is called...
    Anyway, hope you enjoy the book when you get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, this book sounds really good! Hope you will enjoy it :).

    Here's mine:http://uncorkedthoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/from-review-pile.html

    x

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!