Thursday 31 May 2012

From the Review Pile (4)

 From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!
This week, I'm going to showcase Brave New Love: 13 Dystopian Tales of Desire edited by Paula Guran!
I am a big fan of dystopian ideas, so hopefully there'll be a few tales in this book that I'll love! I'm showcasing this book as I'm pretty sure that a lot of you will love the idea of this book too and hopefully you'll pick a copy up.

Brave New Love: 13 Dystopian Tales of Desire by Various (Edited by Paula Guran)
Paperback, 384 pages

Published 19th January 2012 by Robinson

When society crumbles, can young love survive? When the young are deprived of their bright future and left to survive day to day, what bonds remain between individuals? Can young love survive a dystopian nightmare? This exciting collection of stories explores the struggles, both emotional and physical, of teenagers trying to survive as society falls apart or as they help build a new world.

Compelling, emotionally charged stories of young lives lived in desperate circumstances by: John Shirley, Elizabeth Bear, Kiera Cass, Nisi Shawl, Maria V. Snyder, Carrie Vaughn, Steve Berman, Amanda Downum, Diana Peterfreund, Jeanne DuPrau, Nina Kiriki Hoffman, Jesse Karp, William Sleator, Carrie Ryan and Seth Cadin.

14 comments:

  1. This is the first time I am hearing about this book... Gotta check it out. Will be keeping an eye out for your review too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only heard of a few of these authors. It sounds like a great read! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that sounds like it would be interesting! I like it when authors get together and write something :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE dystopian. This looks so interesting! I look forward to seeing your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first time hearing about this book too. Lots of authors names there. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've wanted to read this one for a while but I sort of forgot about it... so thanks for reminding me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love dystopian novels, too, but I don't know that I was even aware of this anthology until now. Hmm. Will be adding to my TBR today if it's not already there. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not one I've heard about before, thanks for introducing me to something new! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool idea. I think I might start doing this if it's okay.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'd be great Emily, I'd love it if you would join in, just don't forget to link back :)

      Delete
  10. Hey, I'm not able to take part today as my own meme goes up on the last day of the month- but I wanted to stop by anyway and say hey!
    I love the look of the book- I'm really into dystopians at the moment. Hope you enjoy it!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice, Stephanie :)I really like the sound of this one, I hope you enjoy it when you get round to reading it. I think I might take part in this fun meme next week. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hadn't heard about this book but it kind of makes sense to me. I'm not a big fan of dystopian, and the title immediately makes me think of Brave new World - which I always kind of hated, I found the world fascinating but the characters were just bland.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Industry might be a factor inside a attempting continue. Whatever particular industry omega replica might be, what’s you will find the possibility that families definitely will in the slightest instance seek work at home opportunities. Aqua excel at follow merchandising can be described as industry that may be expanding not to mention flourishing for the reason that weeks passes. The bosses might be moving forward because of smallish dimensions towards good sized dimensions marketers insurance coverage making the effort his or her's omega replica best to keep up further potential customers. Whatever truly does that mean? It means that the better the bosses it happens to be, the actual the chances of counterfeit companies entering into the bosses. This unique will make a particular outright visualize from the simplest way mandatory it happens to be to distinguish relating to an authentic merchant and then a counterfeit a particular. Due to the fact nearly everybody will seek theirselves using family trip generally follow good discounts over the internet, you must be rigorous this is not to consumer credit rating a profile and then discover the most impressive hublot replica excel at follow most people concept you were investing in isn't furthermore there. Which means, whatever do you really seek? Warranty: some merchant who is responsible for fair, even if you could be buying aqua excel at looks after over the internet and / or from your very own hometown buy, fact is if they give some cash back rolex replica, you are sure that it can be an authentic industry. It happens to be utilizing this appearance for which you look belief through investing in recognize should things will happen with the stipulated instance, you can actually discount typically the aqua excel at rolex replica uk and reveal your finances.

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!