Wednesday 18 January 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (1)


In My Mailbox (IMM) is hosted by Breaking the Spine
Waiting On Wednesday is a meme that spotlights upcoming releases 
that we're anticipating.

This is my first Waiting on Wednesday post, and I admit that I probably won't participate in this weekly, but only when I find a book that I'm extremely excited about.  

This week's choice is Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult. The idea of a young adult novel written by one of my favourite authors makes me unbelievably excited. I absolutely adore the books by Picoult that I have read, particularly Second Glance which had a paranormal theme to it. This one looks like it will have a fantasy element to it, so I look forward to seeing how Picoult and her daughter (Samantha) handle it.


Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer
Expected publication: June 26th 2012
From Goodreads:

What happens when happily ever after…isn’t?

Delilah is a bit of a loner who prefers spending her time in the school library with her head in a book—one book in particular. Between the Lines may be a fairy tale, but it feels real. Prince Oliver is brave, adventurous, and loving. He really speaks to Delilah.

And then one day Oliver actually speaks to her. Turns out, Oliver is more than a one-dimensional storybook prince. He’s a restless teen who feels trapped by his literary existence and hates that his entire life is predetermined. He’s sure there’s more for him out there in the real world, and Delilah might just be his key to freedom.

Delilah and Oliver work together to attempt to get Oliver out of his book, a challenging task that forces them to examine their perceptions of fate, the world, and their places in it. And as their attraction to each other grows along the way, a romance blossoms that is anything but a fairy tale.

13 comments:

  1. Hi, great pick, sounds interesting, thanks for sharing :)

    My WOW: http://fictionfascination.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-6.html

    Carly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great pick! That sounds good! Adding it on my TBR pile! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds lovely! I love the cover. And I've always liked Jodi Picoult's books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking at this last week. It looks so good!! Great pick.
    You can check out my Waiting on Wednesday here.
    [:

    -ShawnaLeAnn
    Dreaming In The Pages ⅼ Enter My Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this one earlier and it definitely piques my interest! Wouldn't expect that from Jodi since her adult books that I know of are contemporary.

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard about this one! I love Jodi Picoult. Thanks for pointing it out. And thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice choice! I have seen this one pop up a few times and it looks like a lot of people are looking forward to it. :)

    Sam @ Realm of Ficton

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks very interesting! :) Great pick! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read one of Jodi's books but I've always wanted to. Great pick. Here's my WOW


    Don't forgot to check out my Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh this one has been popping up a lot recently! I can see why though - it sounds great! Great pick and thanks for stopping by :)

    Kim @ The Paper Planes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice!! This book sounds awesome and I picked it as well :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just heard about this one recently but it sounds like a very interesting read. I'm not sure how I feel about the mother-daughter duo-writing but I hope it turns out well!

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!