Monday 23 January 2012

Cover Love (1)

Cover Love is hosted by Carmel @ RabidReads
Cover Love is a post in which I feature books that I believe to have cover-appeal.

 

This week I have chosen to feature the first three books of the "Riders of the Apocalypse" series as my books with covers that I love! The books are Hunger, Rage and the soon-to-be-released Loss by Jackie Morse Kessler. The style of these covers aren't something that I'd normally be attracted to, but they really work on these books. I love the colours against the dark backgrounds and the textures in the background. The strong white of the title text is very striking and I'm glad that the font is not overly decorative.
The covers are even more gorgeous in the flesh, as they have glossy covers which make the images really shine.

I've not yet read these books so I can't tell you if they reflect the stories inside very well, but they certainly make me want to pick the books up!

7 comments:

  1. Those are really wonderful covers! Simple, yet very expressive. I'm very curious if the objects on the covers reflect the stories. They are on my TBR pile now :)

    My Cover Love: http://rubys-books.blogspot.com/2012/01/cover-love-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors of these are really fitting - normally I don't like such simple covers, but these really work. I've got this series on my wishlist, and maybe I need to make them more of a priority.

    -Jac @ For Love and Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. The books are awesome! I'm reading LOSS right now -- it's the most different of the three.
    Hopefully you'll enjoy them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do really like these covers. They are very intricate in detail. I could stare at them forever and still not see everything. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't usually be drawn to covers like this, but I'm strangely captivated by these three. I love how they manage to be both simple and complex at the same time. Can't wait to read your reviews for these! :)

    Sam @ Realm of Ficton

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think these covers are great, they are very abstract and dark but they work and they go well together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous covers! I can totally see why you chose them, it makes me wonder what it between the pages of the covers!! A must read for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!