Thursday 7 February 2013

From the Review Pile (40)


From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------
This week, I'm going to showcase Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2)!

I am so excited to read Scarlet, as I read the first book in the Lunar Chronicles last year and I absolutely loved it. I love Meyer's new twist on these traditional characters and can't wait to see what this book is like.
 
Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer
Paperback

Expected publication: 3rd February 2013 by Puffin

This is not the fairytale you remember.

But it’s one you won’t forget.


Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. The police have closed her case. The only person Scarlet can turn to is Wolf, a street fighter she does not trust, but they are drawn to each other.

Meanwhile, in New Beijing, Cinder will become the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive – when she breaks out of prison to stay one step ahead of vicious Queen Levana.

As Scarlet and Wolf expose one mystery, they encounter Cinder and a new one unravels. Together they must challenge the evil queen, who will stop at nothing to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner...

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me that I really need to read Cinder! Hope you enjoy this one =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And... I still have to read Cinder. I should do that soon so I can be enjoying Scarlet along with everyone else. Hope you love it! Happy Reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading this now and really enjoying it, the new characters are great!

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!