Thursday 15 November 2012

From the Review Pile (28)


From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------
This week, I'm going to showcase Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices - Manga edition)!

I only received this book a week ago but I'm a little confused about when to read it! Though I do own a copy of the regular text version of Clockwork Angel, I haven't read it yet - so I'm not sure whether I should read that before I try the manga or simply just dive straight into the manga version. I've never read a graphic novel before so it's going to be a new experience for me when I get around to it! 



Clockwork Angel (Manga) by Cassandra Clare and HyeKyung Baek
Paperback, 240 pages
Published 1st November  2012 by Orbit
 A manga-adaption to the prequel of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series, The Infernal Devices is the story of Tessa Gray, a sixteen-year-old American girl traveling alone to Victorian London who runs afoul of the city's sordid supernatural underworld. Rescued by the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, Tessa quickly finds herself caught up in an intrigue that may very well destroy her new friends - including the two enigmatic young men, Jem and Will, who have taken her under their wing...

4 comments:

  1. Cool, I didn't know they made a manga out of this!
    I hope you enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say read the book first in case of spoilers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Clockwork Angel either, love the look of the manga, thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say read the the book first in case there are bits missing in the manga. And I would love to have this in my hands right now.

    Sangita @ Whisper of Reads.

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!