Thursday 31 October 2013

From the Review Pile(75)


From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------

This week, I'm going to showcase Jon for Short!
As it's Halloween, I just had to review a slightly scary-looking book for my FTRP feature this week! Ashamedly, I haven't actually read anything by Malorie Blackman before, despite hearing multiple times of her great talent. Jon for Short is a reasonably short story and so may be a good idea for me to try this book to sample her writing!

Jon for Short by Malorie Blackman
Paperback, 72 pages

Published 1st March 2013 by Barrington Stoke



Jon keeps waking up from a recurring bad dream to find that he is missing his arms and parts of his legs. Kept constantly sedated, as Jon's body disappears his nightmare gets worse. The nurses seem to hate him and the doctor won't answer his questions. Who is Joe? Why do they keep calling him by that name? Tense and horrifying, this story compels the reader to its chilling climax.

2 comments:

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!