Thursday 21 June 2012

From the Review Pile (7)


 From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

First of all, I'm sorry for posting this so late today - trust me to forget the day of the week!

This week, I'm going to showcase The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg!
I am not quite sure why I haven't gotten around to this one yet as it just looks fantastic! It has such a gorgeous cover and the premise behind it sounds really, really interesting. I'm looking forward to reading more UK YA too, so I'll have to get around to this one soon!



The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
Hardback, 375 pages
Published 21st February by Penguin Young Readers

Dying of a broken heart is just the beginning.... Welcome to forever.

BRIE'S LIFE ENDS AT SIXTEEN: Her boyfriend tells her he doesn't love her, and the news breaks her heart—literally.

But now that she's D&G (dead and gone), Brie is about to discover that love is way more complicated than she ever imagined. Back in Half Moon Bay, her family has begun to unravel. Her best friend has been keeping a secret about Jacob, the boy she loved and lost—and the truth behind his shattering betrayal. And then there's Patrick, Brie's mysterious new guide and resident Lost Soul . . . who just might hold the key to her forever after.

With Patrick's help, Brie will have to pass through the five stages of grief before she's ready to move on. But how do you begin again, when your heart is still in pieces?

12 comments:

  1. Ooo...looks interesting! Hope you enjoy it!

    SIK Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about forgetting the date, it happens to me all the time. That book is really good! You should definitely read it soon, but beware there may be a few tears along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I adored TCHoYaM! Too cute! And so funny at times! I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... sounds different and interesting! I will have to try and get a copy for myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you, it looks fantastic! Hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this everywhere lately! Read it soon so I can read your review and see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god! You haven't read this? You're joking me! (Hypocrite me. I only read it two weeks ago.) You should read it ASAP! It's on my top 5 of books-i-would-read-over-a-million-times! If you don't believe me read my 5 reasons HERE!

    Awesome pick! =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, this one looks wonderful! Very creative, and I think it has the potential to be really sweet and moving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pick for this week! I so want to read the book, it sounds pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick :) I have this one sitting here too, don't know why I haven't gotten round to it yet. Maybe soon....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Pick!
    I am a new follower of yours! ^^
    Love you blog!

    If you get a chance and can follow me back that would be great!
    http://littlehyuts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!