Thursday 6 August 2020

From The Review Pile (96)


From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------

This week, I'm going to showcase The Green Mile!
Believe it or not, I am yet to read a Stephen King novel. As someone who loves anything to do with crime and prison-set novels, I think that The Green Mile will be the most appropriate first choice for me. I did watch the film adaptation years ago and really enjoyed it so I'm pretty sure that this will be with hit with me. I have a copy of this at the forefront of my bookshelf and I'm determined to finally  read it soon!



The Green Mile by Stephen King
Hardback, 453 pages
Published 10th September 1999 by Orion

At Cold Mountain Penitentiary, along the lonely stretch of cells known as the Green Mile, condemned killers such as 'Billy the Kid' Wharton and the possessed Eduard Delacroix await death strapped in 'Old Sparky'. But good or evil, innocent or guilty, prisoner or guard, none has ever seen the brutal likes of the new prisoner, John Coffey, sentenced to death for raping and murdering two young girls. Is Coffey a devil in human form? Or is he a far, far different kind of being?

There are more wonders in heaven and hell than anyone at Cold Mountain can imagine and one of those wonders might just have stepped in amongst them

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this book when I read it and got quite emotional about some of the characters. Ooh I shed tears! I hope you get a chance to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big King fan too. Funnily enough, there are still so many of his "classics" like this one that I still need to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything King either! I've heard good things about them though, and need to read them too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the movie but never read the book.

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!