Thursday 5 July 2012

From the Review Pile (9)

I am officially on holiday now, everyone - I've flown out to Rome this morning, so I'm now relying on the 'schedule' function of my blog to keep you entertained with posts and book reviews! This means I won't be able to return comments straight away either, but I'll try my best to get back to you when I return next week!

 From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

First of all, I'm sorry for posting this so late today - trust me to forget the day of the week!

This week, I'm going to showcase New Girl by Paige Harbison!
This book hasn't really been released that long and I only received it quite recently, but I wanted to feature this one, simply because it looks so good! I will have to read it soon and with that bright cover, I don't think it will be that long until I pick it up!


New Girl by Paige Harbison
Paperback, 320 pages
Published 4th May by Mira Ink


A contemporary young-adult retelling inspired by the classic 1938 romantic suspense bestseller Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier.
They call me 'New Girl'...
Ever since I arrived at exclusive, prestigious Manderly Academy, that’s who I am. New girl. Unknown. But not unnoticed—because of her.
Becca Normandy—that’s the name on everyone’s lips. The girl whose picture I see everywhere. The girl I can’t compare to. I mean, her going missing is the only reason a spot opened up for me at the academy. And everyone stares at me like it’s my fault.
Except for Max Holloway—the boy whose name shouldn’t be spoken. At least, not by me. Everyone thinks of him as Becca’s boyfriend…but she’s gone, and here I am, replacing her. I wish it were that easy. Sometimes, when I think of Max, I can imagine how Becca’s life was so much better than mine could ever be.
And maybe she’s still out there, waiting to take it back.

12 comments:

  1. I think I may like this book. I just keep adding and adding books...

    Here is mine: http://fiktishuhs.blogspot.com/2012/07/get-me-off-shelf-is-my-edition-of-from.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished reading this book just a few days back. Overall I found it 'okay', but there are few genius aspects that I really loved & enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on my review pile too. I hope you have a fabulous holiday, Stephanie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wanted
    to say that I've truly enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I'll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!
    Also see my web site - review

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh let me know what you think of this one - I loved it!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wanted to read this one when it was up on Netgalley, but I got behind and missed out. :( One day.... :D That cover is cute...the U.S. cover was more ominous. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. never heard of this book but I love the cover and love the plot. Thanks for sharing. Check out mine:

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/from-review-pile-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I read this!
    I hope you like it!
    :D Nice spotlight!
    Though I have to say I don't think the cover has much to do with anything in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen this book around before, but had forgotten about it until you mentioned it! Added it to my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Nice meme, this is my first time taking part :). I am loving the cover for this book, very eye catching and good colour contrast. The story sounds pretty interesting too, I think I'll add it to my tbr :).

    Sandy
    <a href="http://www.scribing-shadows.blogspot.com/>Scribing Shadows</a>

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!