Thursday 19 July 2012

From the Review Pile (11)


 From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!

-----------------------------------

This week, I'm going to showcase Escape!
This is an adult book rather than a young adult one, and I would like to branch out and start reviewing a wider range of books on this blog - especially more in the adult fiction genre. I've only read one other book by Delinsky, but I devoured it in one sitting, so I'm hoping that this one will be just as good!

Escape by Barbara Delinsky
Paperback, 201 pages
Published April 2012 by Corsair


Emily Aulenbach is an idealistic young lawyer who once dreamed of representing victims of corporate abuse. Instead, she now spends her days in a cubicle arguing victims of corporate greed out of their rightful claims. She no longer connects with much in her life, period, with the exception of three things--her computer, her BlackBerry, and her watch. One day, she snaps. Without telling anyone where she is going, she heads north to Bell Valley, New Hampshire, the small town where she spent a life-altering summer during her college years. There, she will set out to forge new relationships with lovers, long-lost friends and the person she once wanted to become...


7 comments:

  1. I love this meme!! I'm not doing it this week but maybe next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hand't heard of this book before but it sounds really good, though a bit women-fiction-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I like the sound of this one. I hope you get round to reading it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks quite good! I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very inviting review...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is the author of one of the books I read and re-read all year long I lived in Thailand. Three Wishes. It was such a good book and sad as well. I loved it so much that I was old and ratty before I passed it on to another traveler.

    Mad Scientist @ Steampunkery & Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately this is an award and tag free zone - Whilst I appreciate the thought, I simply don' have the time to pass them on.

Please feel free to leave a reply, I read and appreciate them all!